Friday, November 12, 2010

Death & Life: Pretty much the same thing

     For some people the end comes sooner than others. When that time is and for what reasons someone's life has to end earlier than others are, I'm not one hundred percent sure of .  You'll have to decide for yourself and come to resolution of why death comes to some people earlier and not to others.
     It was the night of Halloween and to be completely honest I didn't want Halloween to end up simple and plain as usual. I wanted to spice it up, get a little risky, mess some stuff up.  It started out with a pretty standard Halloween night by hopping around from party to party, where there were just a bunch of BROs sitting around and drooling on themselves like and old lady in an assisted living home.  The sight was simple unpleasant, they were holding each other awkwardly and it was straight up disturbing. This house was deep in mysterious woods with no signs of life except for the slightly glowing party house.  Anyways, enough of the standard part of the night. My friends and I quickly realized how stupid that house was and left as fast as flies get on poop.  I was over the woods man.. lets role. We started driving out of the never ending, dark driveway when it happened. . . .
     As we were driving out, suddenly a white, grey, black blur rushed in front of our car making an unbelievable screeching noise.  Holding our heads, our ears in pain from the sound, we quickly slammed on the breaks and we were all thinking the same thing "What the **** was that."  Curiosity got the best of us and before you know it we were all exploring in that God forsaken forest.  The one mistake we all made, as a result of the shock of what suddenly just happened, we got separated from each other and all of us were individually walking around the woods like a chicken with its head cut off.  I became delirious and disoriented quickly, my head started to spin and before you know it I was puking my guts out from fear.  The noises kept getting louder and like a lost mouse running into a trap I stumbled into this old, run down barn.  The noise kept getting louder, louder, louder! Luckily I had my camera so I busted it out because I didn't want to miss what was about to happen.  Whatever this creature was I knew it moved fast, therefore, I left my shutter speed open for about 2.5 seconds at a time.  It was dark out with not much light so I wanted my ISO to be as sensitive as it could be to whatever light there was so I put it at 1600. Then I cranked my aperture as low as it could possible go.  I waited and all of a sudden Bam!.. it dashed in front of me knocking me over and that was the last thing I remembered.
     What my friends told me later is that I was just laying there passed out and they came in grabbed me and rushed me out of there quicker than you could say Billy Frick.  The only evidence I have left of that night is the picture below.  It's horrifying to say the least, ghost like scarecrow with a child begging for mercy from the demon possessed monster.  Other children were trapped as you can see in the background, no where to go, no one to look to for help. And in the bottom right corner of the picture there is the ghosts daughter ready as ever to go scare and feast on any human flesh in her path. That is the evidence I have of that unbelievable night, whether you choose to believe me or not.. is completely your choice. With all that said have a great night and sleep tight.



Now to describe what I had to do on the computer to reveal this disturbing picture.  I didn't have to do much. I bumped the clarity up. Turned the saturation down for this picture was much to gory for color. Thats pretty much it. I have other pictures I could of added to this post, but I realized this one picture was worthy enough to have its own blog.  I got my inspiration from a well known photography and artist Corey Smith. One of his sites of many is below: 


This site might not be suitable for some people to view. View this site at your own risk.






1 comment:

  1. Great story. This is a good post. I think that it could be even cooler if you had a few more abstract images leading up to this image, more of a story- perhaps a clear hot of the car, or of the people with you.

    I think that this could be done again but refine it and plan out each image. Storyboard it before you shoot it and have some great fun with it.

    I like the story a lot.

    ReplyDelete