Thursday, January 6, 2011

If stuck.. it's important to remain in a sane mental state- 1/7/11

     Once again I am sitting hear trying to think overly hard about what I want to ramble about this week. The truth is, I have nothing to talk about.  Let me correct myself, I have nothing exhilarating or cool to talk about. Yes, I could just talk about each individual photo and you could read through this how I usually read through books that I'm assigned from school... which is zombie like, trying so hard to focus on the words but the material is so boring your mind starts wondering into space. You soon realize you've read twenty pages and all you can remember is the vague space dream of you going to some movie with a girl thats a "10" and is "like that" (and when I say "like that" I'm holding my hands about a good 5 inches  out in front of my chest region).  Then when you get done zoning out.. your like really? that was stupid.. that's pretty unrealistic, then again most everything in this world is unrealistic but "things happen." Once again I find myself rambling, completely accidental, but then again I ask my self.. does it really matter? No it doesn't matter cause most things don't matter.  Well, after all that I would say that the moral of this rambling (if there can even be a moral of rambling) is to follow your dreams and just roll with it even if it is on that scale of "the things that don't matter and are unrealistic." I say screw those people that say thats insane and you can't do it.  Don't listen to them and roll with whatever you think is good for you.  Amen. I'll be around all week. thank you thank you 
  •  Criticism, suggestions, hate, complements, any type of comment, would be greatly appreciated. 

ISO: 200 SP: 1/500 F: 4.0
I love this photo, as well as the one below of the same truck.  Same truck just different angles,  yet portraying the same or very similar message.  The truck is stuck, isolated, yet satisfied at the same time, where it rests.  It's at peace with resting its old bones on the side rather than facing the struggle of these icy roads and certain death. 
 ISO: 1600 SP: 1/50 F: 56
This was taken while driving at night and the blurry circular lights are from the different lights off of cars.  I've alway liked blurry photos.  It always leaves you that feeling of whats going on and whats the point.  I don't think there always has to be point to a photo. Blurry photos leaves you with that unknowing feeling, and therefore,  I think I will always have at least one blurry photo for every blog I have.  I shot the SP at 1/50 because it didn't matter if the the photo was blurry cause I was going to make it blurry anyways. Therefore, by putting it at 1/50 it just made the colors pop out more and become brighter. I like this photo a lot it, it simply has no answer.  Make up an explanation for yourself it that helps you boost your self esteem and makes you feel better inside. 
ISO: 1600 SP: 1/100 F: 5.6
This photo was a littler harder for me to capture.  The reason for was because it was dark out and I was a car moving at 60 mph both of those are not very good combinations to capture a good still photo.  I managed to get a couple descent shots of this smoke coming from a smoke stack.  The hard part about this was getting the SP at the right speed to fully "freeze" the photo yet not having it to fast wear it doesn't let enough light in to see anything.  I knew I had to bump my ISO up all the way to have anything turn out at all. And after that it was just getting the right balance with the SP in making that photo "freeze" without having it to dark.  It turned out pretty good I think for what I was looking for.  It looked way better desaturated so I rolled with that. I love the dark outline of the trees and how the trees center the smoke  in between them.  I think the telephone pole and wires also adds to the uniqueness of the photo.

ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250 F: 5.6
Now here is a sunset as you can see. Ha got you!.. its actually not a sunset but a sunrise.  I thought all the sunrise pictures  turned out pretty good for me not having shot any before.  Sunrise and sunset are very similar to shot but some times it's a little difficult in deciding if you want the sky to be a little darker or a little brighter.  There's always that last minute decision trying to figure out if it would look better a little darker or little lighter by having a little slower or faster shutter speed. Therefore, if you have time, shoot it with a faster SP and then some more with a slower SP and then you can decide what looks better once you get it on to the computer.  In this set of sunrises if I shot the the SP at like 1/200 (which was a little slower shutter speed than my other shots) the sky turned out to be over all a little more colorful with orange and yellow, which I think I liked a little better than the faster SP shots. 
ISO: 200 SP: 1/1600 F: 5.0
Ok, so I shot this photo at a really fast SP because I wanted the back ground, the trees in the back of the picture, to be much darker than the snow. I knew the snow would show up fine so thats why I had such a fast SP.  With having that darker background, it keeps my focus more on the white consistent snow in the middle of the picture. 
ISO: 200 SP: 1/800 F: 4.5
This photo is great! I love it.. it really just shows the peacefulness of winter.  A little old truck nicely caked with a fresh 12" layer of white frosting, barricaded by the snow from the snow plow.  For some reason this photo portrays, isolation and stuck in time.  Not sure where you want to go in life so rather than going down the wrong road (see how you can go left or right at the end of the road) and waste your time, better to just sit there and really make sure you know what you want to do.  I really don't think there is a problem with being at that state in and taking it a day at a time. Live day to day, I love it! I wanted a quick SP just so that the photo could a have a colder darker feel to the photo and the shadowed areas would be more dark than usual. 
ISO: 200 SP: 1/200 Aperture: F: 5.6

 

                       ISO: 200 SP: 1/400 F: 5.6                   ISO: 200 SP: 1/200 F: 5.6

ISO: 200 SP: 1/640 F: 5.6
I really like this photo because the sun was coming through the trees and lighting up the trees and the road some in the background.  I shot this with a little faster shutter speed knowing that the the trees in the background would get lit up by the sun but then the trees and road in front of that would become darker leaving the lighted up trees the main focus. 
ISO: 1600 SP: 1/100 F: 5.6

ISO: 200 SP: 1/200 F:5.6


I got my inspiration from my friend Zak. He's been taking pictures for awhile whether its snowboarding, weddings, or just life. I really like his stuff so check his site out.



1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I like these images. Third from the bottom of the road that leads to the tree, really like that one. Great cloud shots, there is something about clouds... not sure what it is but I am drawn to them. I like your shots of them. Great shooting, great editing as well on them.

    ReplyDelete