Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Faces, blurred windshields, and country side- 2/11/11

      Today, I will actually try and produce a somewhat productive blog and actually explain where my photography is going and what I want to do with it.  I am pretty satisfied where I am at with my photography.  I know pretty much all the basics and I am able to produce a photo that I think is cool and I like.  As far as editing in detail with portraits goes I don't know as much about.  I think in the future I would like to learn more about that side of photography but as of right now I am happy with the photos I am able to produce.  I get satisfaction in taking pictures where people are unsure what is going on and it takes them a little while to figure out what is going on.  I also like taking photos that have an older film like look.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can develope my film in the darkroom and discover a different side of photography.  I can't wait to do that.. just haven't found the time to get it done yet. Anyways, thats about all I have to say for this week. Have a great week ladies and gents!

When I look at this photo, my eye goes straight to the yellow.  I would say the main focus of this photo is probably nothing.  To tell you the truth this photo is very unknowing and it's hard to tell what is going on.  I really don't have a problem with that though, I think it's except-able to have some photos that people don't understand.  I think those photos that people don't understand are often times more artsy (in my opinion).  I got this shot from a car shooting straight out of the front windshield... it was raining and the yellow blur came from the reflection of the car lights off of a yellow sign.  
This shot was taken at night from a car and I left the shutter open for about 3.0 seconds.  The sensor gathered most of the light from the moon behind the clouds.  The moon was the main reason for lighting up the clouds in the sky. In editing I bumped the contrast a little and thats about it.  

I really like this photo a lot.  Let me first explain how I got this photo and then why I like it.  This shot was also taken at night.  I held the camera out the side window and took a shot of the mountains with the moon shining onto them.  I left the shutter open for about 2.0 second. Right as I pushed the button to take the shot we passed a stopped semi with its emergency flashing lights on.  And the rest was history.  The reason I like this shot a lot is because it looks like a painting.  The detail in the mountains and the fog that covers it makes the picture pretty vague thus resembling more of a water painting.   
I like how this turned out except for me shaking the camera and making the moon turn out abnormal.   I do like the clouds around it and everything though. 
Ok, so when I first got this shot on the computer,  I was going to crop it, but once I looked at it more I realized it looked better not being cropped.  I see lines in this picture.  I feel like it is broken up into five sections. Two sections to the right of the wood telephone pole.  Two to the left of the wood telephone poles and then the last section that includes the hills of the mountains.   In editing,  I i bumped the contrast a little as well as the clarity and that's about it. 

I got my inspiration from this one website and it gave pointers on how to improve landscape shots.  Even though, not all of my shots on this blog were landscape this was some really helpful advice and the pictures were really cool. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment