Sunday, February 27, 2011

Montana trip- 2/18/11

      This week, I have a wide variety of just random photos.  None of them really relate to each other at all.  Since the first three photos have to do about driving, gas, and roads, ill tell you a little story about me and why it's important to fill up your car when there is a possibility you could run out of gas.  It was about 8:30 P.M. and we were going through Sandpoint, heading up to the mountain.  My friend Sam suggested I should probably get gas before going up; (since it seemed low on fuel) I assured him that we would be able to make.  In the end I was right but barely made it. About two miles from the top we started puttering and as soon as we got to the parking lot up there it died and we had to push it into its parking space.  Therefore, the moral of the story  is to always play it safe, rather than being sorry, and top off your gas tank if your in doubt.  The description of each photo will be below each photo.

I shot this picture at a little faster shutter speed so that not as much light would come into the camera.  I wanted this photo to turn out a little darker.  I wanted the trees to pretty much be black except the outline tips of the tree.  For editing I bumped up the contrast, turned the exposure down a hair, I obviously desaturated it, and used the vignetting tool to darken the corners of the photo. 
This picture is pretty simple to say the least.  There really isn't much to it.   I bumped the contrast on it as well as the clarity a little bit.  I desaturated it and darkened the corners of the photo with the vignetting tool. 
I really like this shot a lot and how the focus was on the shoes rather than the nozzle for gas.    I like the different colors throughout the picture.  The blue part of the nozzle adds to this photo as well as the blue horizontal line across the picture.  So does the white shoes laces and all the colors apart of the gas pump.  I did a little clone stamping in this picture after I used the vignetting tool to darken the corners.  I used this tool because I wanted the corners to look darker but I wanted to look darker like it was naturally darker.  I think I did a descent job in making that happen. So I used the vignetting tool to darken the  corners but then I took the cones stamp tool to make the color lighter in the bottom right corner. I did that so that the vignetting looked like it was natural. 
MERICA! Yes, this is a picture of a flag and a clock.  America is often a country that is controlled by time. Time tells you when to sleep, eat, exercise, rather than doing those things when your body tells you you should.  I like this photo because it shoes the relationship between time and America.  Editing wise, I bumped the contrast, desaturated the photo,  turned the exposure up a little, and then darkened the corners. 
This picture represents dependence to me.  The birds that are use to feeding out of this feeder would struggle to feed themselves as well as their family if that feeder wasn't there so they have become dependent on it.  When shooting this, I wanted to shoot this at an angle where it would frame the bird feeder in between the bigger branches of the tree.  For editing,  I desaturated the photo, bumped the contrast up as well as the clarity a little, and then darkened the corners. 
This is my friend Jake Nelson. I like how the light through the window comes through and lights up part of his face.  His expression is priceless in this photo. Since there was some bright light coming through  the window, I wanted to darken the areas around it so I darkened all the corners so that most of the focus went on jacob's face.  I did a little more editing on this photo than normal.   I bumped the contrast and a little clarity.  I then worked on his face quite a bit.   I used the clone stamp to fix the wrinkles under his eye, then the bandage tool to fix little blemishes, and then I took the paint brush tool and just overall brightened his face up a little.

This one guys work doesn't relate a ton to this post of mine, but I do think he has a cool idea.  Every day he posts one picture. And he has been doing it for 6 years. Thats a pretty cool idea. check his stuff out.

http://www.willyurman.com/pixelpost/

No comments:

Post a Comment