Monday, March 14, 2011

Ravens are tight- 3/12/11

     These pictures are from when I traveled through Targhee into Jackson Hole Wyoming.  The mountain ranges are the Teton mountains and they are massive.  I think these photos turned out alright this week.  I did a little more editing than usual on the photos of the raven.  The last few posts I've done a lot of landscape photos, therefore, hopefully in the next few weeks I can have more pictures of people.  Let me know what you think of the pictures.  I will describe each one below. 

This is a pretty cool shot.  I like how that one boulder is balancing perfectly on top of the other rock in the right side of the photo. For editing, I obviously desaturated the picture, bumped the contrast, also the clarity a little, and then darkened the corners of the photo by using the vignetting tool. 
This is a picture of the Teton mountains.  They are beautiful to say the least.   These mountains are so powerful but still at the same time.  They are completely in control and they show people who is boss.  For editing on this one and the picture below,  I bumped the contrast and thats about it.  And on this one I desaturated it.  

This would be a raven in the middle of a desert.  NOT.  Ha i gotcha, actually this is on snow  but it looks like it is a desert. Pretty cool ehh. 
This picture is great.  I really really like how this one turned out.  I did a little more work on this picture than usual.  I first desaturated the photo and bumped the contrast.  That initially turned the raven completely black like the photo below.  I didn't want the photos to be that similar so I chose to make this photo more grey and put more detail into the raven.  I wanted this to turn out like a charcoaled drawing.  It seriously looks like someone took out their charcoaled pencil and etched out this raven.  Anyways, I believe this turned out pretty well and hopefully I can do more photos like this.
Same raven as the other two up above.  I turned down the exposure some to make it darker and then I desaturated it and turned up the contrast.
This picture was taken on Highway 22 the road that separates Targhee from Jackson Hole Wyoming.   I like how the picture is straight and the electrical tower is lopsided as a result of the slope.  the colors turned out pretty cool and the low clouds added a cool affect to the photo.  For editing, I turned down the vibrance tiny bit I believe, then bumped the contrast, and then darkened the corners with the vignetting tool.
This shot was over a bridge and it was taken way over exposed and everything was blown out.  Once I got it in photoshop, I  turned down the exposure a lot, bumped the contrast and then sharpened it a little. I like how the railing kind of frames the middle of the river.

I got my inspiration from Kevin Westenbarger


No comments:

Post a Comment