Monday, March 21, 2011

Calgary- 3/19/11

     Calgary was a very interesting trip to say the least. . . Even though we had some minor set back as far as a good trip would go, we still had a lot of fun.  On the first day and at the first rail we got (the kid in the first picture) Jacob Nelson dislocated his ribs. Yes, you heard that right.. he dislocated his ribs.  I didn't think that was possible either. So to say the least Jacob was pretty bummed out after that, considering he couldn't snowboard the rest of the trip. Then we wake up the next day to some Meth addict getting busted at our super 8 motel. It was pretty awesome and there was about 4 cops there.  On the second day, we face one of the biggest rails I have ever hit before and I take a fall and my whole body goes numb (probably one of the scariest things I've experienced).  I thought I had possibly broken my neck so we figured better be safe than sorry. In the end I didn't break my neck.. thank God. After that  we celebrated that my neck wasn't broken by getting some pizza that night as well as some beer (because its legal in canada) and that was just a swell night. The next day we went to one more spot and headed home after that.  Even though we had some set backs on the trip it still was pretty successful and we all 
had a lot of fun. 

     As far as talking about the pictures go, instead of talking about each individual picture, I am going to do a general description of how I edited all of them above the pictures. And if I happened to do a lot of editing on one, then I would expand and talk about that picture more below it.  In saying that, I was really stoked that I got to use my 60d more on this trip.. the pictures have been turning out great and the options are endless compared to the rebel I had before this camera. I really am liking it. 

     For all of these pictures, I bumped the contrast about 75 percent of the way up.  I darkened a lot of the corners with the vignetting tool and on a couple of the pictures I turned the clarity up a hair.  For most of them the temperature colored turned out good how I wanted them.  I really like on the pictures I took of jacob how he is so clear and his face is lit up but the background behind him his blown out white.  I've never really taken pictures like that and I really like how they turned out. 










I got my inspiration from a well respected old time professional snowboarder and is currently photographer and successful business man in the snowboard industry. His name is Robbie Sell.

1 comment:

  1. Nice images.
    TRy shooting from a variety of angles. Having a post where just about every image is shot from eye level... you can do more with it and you have in the past. Mixing up the angles gives some visual variety and helps keep the viewer interested.

    I really like the selective focus and limited depth of field that you have used in these images.

    ReplyDelete