Friday, May 13, 2011

Dinkin around the school

          This one day in the beautiful city of Coeur d' Alene a group of kids from the highschool went out and explored around the school and documented what they saw in front of their eyeballs. I was apart of those kids running around causing havoc, blowing things up, and taking a few pictures.  The pictures below are some of the items around the school that seemed to be pretty cool.  I liked doing this project more than I thought I would.  And even though all of us were limited to taking pictures right around the school, we all happened to come up with some descent pictures. By all means, analyze, judge, and pick apart these pictures like there is no tomorrow. And remember whatever you do... "Don't do it in the park."

For editing, I bumped the contrast, as well as the clarity a little bit.  I then made the sky a little more blue by bumping up the temperature.  As far as the picture goes, I like how its in focus on the right and the fence is on the right and it moves to the bottom left.  I just really like how this photo laid out.  
This shot is cool too. I edited this picture the same way I did the top picture. 

I shot these little flowers through a fence and I wasn't really excited about the picture so I put a major vignette on it  and then desaturated the picture. I then bumped the contrast up all the way. I then turned up the grain a little just for the heck of it. 
Stephhhen the Sturgggeess 
Flags.. its a party
It's an E-SSEX
I like this photo a lot for some reason.  The reason I like this is because of the that diagonal  shadow line going through the "Why Pay More?" sign thing on the outhouse. I added a vignette to this and bumped the contrast and clarity.  
I had to get low and dirty on this picture.  I like the angle on this shot a lot.  I also like how this flower is surrounded by concrete and nothing else is around it.  I think of isolation when I see this picture. 

I shot this picture 

Stephen is not always the one behind the lens... hes been known to bust out a few poses for the camera. Cheaa!

I got my inspiration from this is guy named Matt Black.  I found his site from searching the blog of 500 photographers.  
Although his pictures really don't relate a ton to my pictures I took this week, I still like his work a lot and it's supper sick. I will link his blog as well as his website. Thanks and have a good week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment