Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Family Walks are Nice 4/29/11

      Every once in awhile my family and I go on a walk together around our house.  It was really mellow and I just wanted to take my camera along and snap some photos.  Life is always such a rush that sometimes it's really nice just to slow down for a little and just go walk around and chill with the fam.  All of these pictures were taken on the walk except the last one with the bear.  

This is a picture of a stream in front of my house.  I got pretty low to get the shot and my f-stop # was as low as it could go.  Thats why the rock and only a little bit of the stream is in focus. Everything else is blurred more than an old ladies vision.   
Grass as well as that green stuff.  This is another nice picture with  depth of field.
When I look at this picture it just really touches my heart and makes think of love.   NOT! are you kidding me.. don't even listen to me. Anyways though, i like this picture a lot. When we were on this walk my sister got some water from the stream and I drew this heart on this rock.
This is a picture of another stream.  
Well this is a picture of a branch.. the question is, is there any point to it? NO absolutely not but I was there at the time and figured it would make a cool picture.  Although its pretty dumb, I like all the different colors in this picture.  For editing, I bumped the contrast as well as a little bit of the clarity

Family!
I like the colors. Black trees to blue skies. Probably one of my favorite color combos.
COOL
Death Stick!

I got my inspiration from DIY photography.  I read up on depth of field on their site and it inspired me to take some close up, eye level, strong depth of field photos.

http://www.diyphotography.net/depth_of_field

1 comment:

  1. Great angles to be shooting at. Sometimes photos don't have to have a point, as you point out. Get it, have a point and you point it out that there is not a point? Ahhh, forget about it.

    While the heart photo is cheesy it is a great image, something that can be marketable. Cheesy images are what advertisers and clients often want. It is what works, that is why it is cheesy. Every once in a while there will be a client that wants to go out on a limb and try something new, but most want to play it safe.

    Be careful with your capitalization... it is I not i.

    ReplyDelete