Sunday, October 3, 2010

Certain things aren't meant to be understood

       I think the saying.. "Don't church it up to much" should really be considered in the photography world of editing.  In other words you don't always have to put a lot of editing into a picture to make it look good.  There are pictures where you need to use a lot of editing and others where you shouldn't use very much editing at all. Lets just say i didn't try and church it up with these photos much at all.   
       The first photo below,  I had my ISO at 800 by accident and in certain parts of the picture it turned out a little noisy.  It almost looks like a polaroid picture.  I think next week I will purposely try and get more pictures to turn out like this one. 



       This week I was working on depth of field and seeing how well I could get it to turn out.  I really like how the golf wiffle ball turned out.  It makes it look good having it be a little blurry in front of the ball and then the rest of the shot behind the ball all blurry.  It really makes your focus turn to the ball instead of the other things in the shot.  The same goes for the shots of the mushrooms and blue berries. 








1 comment:

  1. In your latter photos you are talking about the depth of field in the photos.
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/depth-of-field.htm

    It can really help enhance a photo, especially with really minimal DOF, although most landscape photographers want as much DOF in their photo as possible.

    With your latter photos (not the self portrait) what are you trying to say with them? When I look at them, what message are you trying to tell me? Why did you take these photos?

    ReplyDelete