Friday, October 29, 2010

Some people are just simple and the stress in their life is quite low

     There are many words that can be used to describe different kinds of people.  Certain people get the honor of having many words that describe themselves. My friend Jordan Harder has many words that could describe him.. but one of the words that I think I'll use to describe him today is a simple barbarian.  Jordan is not a person that will stick or cling to a certain civilization. He bounces around and wonders as an individual barbarian would. He fights his own fights, scrounges for any food possible, and simple just parties life. Now you might think this is a blog dedicated to Jordan Harder.. well I can assure you that you are wrong.  This is simple just a little introduction, sneak peak, to the blog I will dedicate to Jordan. Ladies and gents I present to the one and only legend. .  Jordan Harder.

       Enough of the rambling, lets get down to the grunt work. This is the part where I start to sweat from thinking so much of how I am going to spit out some fancy, complicated words so that people think I have somewhat of a well sophisticated blog.
      I shot these at an ISO of 1600 once again, to get a grainy look. The aperture was at 5.6 for some and for others 4.5. There wasn't a ton of light so my shutter speed stayed pretty consistent at about 1/50.  Some of them I desaturated and they turned out pretty good. I kept it pretty simple on the editing as usual. Don't want to "church it up" to much.


barbarian: a member of a community or tribe not belonging to one of the great civilizations
                          • an uncultured or brutish person. 


http://ryantaylorvisual.com/










1 comment:

  1. Why the out of focus photos? What are you trying to say with them?
    As far as the graininess photos, there is in Photoshop an ADD GRAIN filter that works quite well to give it the High ISO film look, if that is what you are going for it works better than the digital noise look.
    The last image is the strongest out of the group. The look on his face draws the viewer in and makes us want to know more about him.
    I followed your link but I am not sure how his work relates to this post.

    ReplyDelete